follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 23, 2008

    Stimulate Your Experience

    Well I am starting week three already! I can't believe how fast it has gone by so far, but I'm ready for another good week. I had a great weekend (Nice sweep Cubbies!), but I am ready to get back to work. One of the greatest things about this internship is that I am starting to really look forward to getting to work in the morning. Mondays are hard (the weekends go by too fast), but I really enjoy being here. I would love to give advice to anyone who does not like their internship, but I really have no frame of reference for that! I will give some more advice on how to make things go more smoothly. First I would suggest that if you feel like you are not being used enough, create a project for yourself. This will keep you occupied and impress the people you work for. This can be as simple as creating a blog (cough,cough) or looking ahead for what your boss will need next and starting to get organized for it. If you are still looking for things to do, make sure that you keep reminding your boss that you are available. You don't need to be pushy, just remind them every once and a while that you are available to help. I would also suggest that you always double check your work and even your emails. There is nothing more embarrassing then looking back on an email that you wrote too fast and finding all kinds of mistakes in it. Thats all I have for right now!

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    That is great advice, Maddie! I agree with keeping yourself as busy as possible. This means you are never bored, and you are learning as much as you can in the short internship time!

    Elizabeth Baker

    Anonymous said...

    I really appreciate that you came up with concrete ideas in case you were looking for more work as a new intern. Not only is this good experience for you, but it helps develop those self starter skills that are vital as an adult in the working world. The bottom line of course is that all these things serve to better the company that you work for! Very nice!

    Anonymous said...

    I wish I had such an awsome internship. I will have to keep it in mind to keep myself busy. I like the idea of editing emails, I have trouble with spelling myself.

    Anonymous said...

    What other kind of projects did you create for yourself? Was your boss appreciative of you looking ahead to what he or she might want? How did that work out?