follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 26, 2008

    Explore the Playing Field

    One of the things that I have been doing a lot of is exploring the different thoughts and views of the digital marketing field. It is important if you are going to move throughout any industry that you learn as much as you can about it. That means learning the names of the big firms, knowing where the industry has been coming from, and what direction it is going. The best way to do this is to read blogs or subscribe to RSS feeds that are updated daily with information about what you are learning. A great feed in the digital field is a website called ReadWriteWeb. They offer quick news updates of the things that are happening in the digital environment. If you can find a couple of these feeds or resources you will learn a lot more about the industry around you and not just the company that you are working for. These also give you something productive to do when you have down time.

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    That is such a good idea. I know that I have been doing research on possible carreer choices for when I graduate this may. I will have to keep that website you recomended in mind. Thanks for the great tip!

    Anonymous said...

    Is there anything in the ReadWriteWeb website that you feel you could incorporate into your company? Any fresh ideas?

    Anonymous said...

    I was looking at your past comments and noticed that there was a comment on the websites at the bottom of your blog. I took the time to look into them and they are great. From the Cubs, to Ritz Crackers to Pandora, I love these sites! Thanks for sharing.

    Anonymous said...

    I like that you are keeping an open mind and an sense of adventure in discovering all the new things about the digital universe. You owe it to youself to always keep abreast of what is happening in your selected field of work. Did you know that the website for the International Reading Association is called ReadWriteThink.org - I love the play on words!

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous said...

    I am really enjoying reading all your comments. What a great way to share your experiences and help others.